Tuesday . April 25 . 2017
         
 
Share |
New Thai airline to kick off with South Korean service
 

Sim Kok Chwee, Singapore (2011-01-26)

THAILAND is set to gain yet another airline Thai-Korean joint venture Crystal Thai Airlines (CTA) plans to begin flying between Bangkok and Incheon and Muan on February 3.

Both routes are scheduled for twice-weekly flights on an Airbus A320 in a 174-seat all-economy configuration.

The full-service carrier plans to lease a bigger and longer-range A330-200 in March to launch flights linking Phuket to Incheon. A second A320 is also in the pipeline, and CTA hopes to expand services to include Mumbai, Cochin, Clark, Colombo, Thimphu and Dubai. 

Aiming to be the country's third-largest airline after Thai Airways International and Bangkok Airways, CTA was established last year with a start-up capital of 201 million baht (US$6.5 million). Thai businesswoman Manika Sawasdipan fronts the 51 per cent share and undisclosed South Korean partners with strong travel agent connections own the remaining 49 per cent.

 
Print Top Stories
 
RATE THIS ARTICLE
Poor 1 2 3 4 5 Good
 
COMMENTS
No comment for this article.
 
  POST YOUR COMMENT  
       
  Name:  
Email Address:
Location:
  Comment:  
  Enter the code shown: